Factory Tours of the Fashion Enter garment factory in London
Since 2006 Fashion Enter has provided learners at HE, FE and secondary schools with a unique insight into the world of fashion. With its SMETA and Fast Forward audited factory educational site visits are undertaken for students to understand how the complete production process works from fabric delivery through to final garment packing and delivery.
The two-hour visit includes an introduction to Fashion Enter and its core activities which reviews the following:
- from large scale production, to sampling, to education and training
- the manufacturing process of a garment – from initial idea right through to delivery – The Garment Life Cycle
- what makes The Factory SMETA and Fast Forward approved and how it is a fully-compliant factory
- a tour of the factory including a review of the cutting table, industrial machines, flat bed and over-locker and quality control stations
- a tour of the Fashion Studio for patterns, grading, toiles, sampling and small production runs
- a tour of the FTA to understand the training opportunities available from Level 1 and 2 practical courses in stitching and pattern cutting to the fashion and textiles apprenticeship programme
- an observational exercise for would be buyers and designers
- Q and A session.
Weekly tours take place with a wide cross section of students including the Fashion Retail Academy, Ravensbourne, Bath Spa University, Graveney School, Regents University, University of East London and the Princes Trust.
To enquire about a site visit for your students or to discuss a more in-depth, tailor-made workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Esme - Graveney School
Jessica - Ravensbourne
Victoria - Regents University
Ella - Fasion Retail Academy
Sophia - The Princes Trust